Why Do I Need A Website?
The marketing world has drastically changed over the last 5 years as a growing percentage of consumers use technology and the internet as a part of everyday life.
Consumer focus has done a 180 yet small businesses owners and marketers are still trying to use the same tactics to attract new customers that worked 10 years ago. In a recent survey, small business owners were asked how they are acquiring new business, here were the top 4 responses:
- I build my business by referrals.
- I build my business through networking.
- I advertise in the phone book.
- I build my business through direct mail.
Another survey conducted in the summer of 2012 looked at the most effective marketing strategies based on data. The numbers told a very different story – here are the top 4 results:
- Website (content and SEO)
- Email Marketing
- In-Person Networking
- Social Media
In 2013, 8 out of 10 consumers in North America are internet users and 81% of internet users say they start their search for all products & services online. Effectively utilizing web-based technologies must be one of your top marketing strategies if you want to grow your business in the 21st century. We are not suggesting that you hide behind your computer and completely forgo use of the telephone. As you can see, in-person networking is still considered one of the most successful marketing strategies. Personal interaction and the ability to communicate effectively will always be huge for success, but it has to be balanced with a marketing view that considers the most likely path for effective communication to begin.
5 Internet Marketing Statistics That Cannot Be Ignored
- 81% of internet consumers begin research for products and services online. Will they find your website? Do you have a website? Surprisingly, an estimated 54% of businesses do not. If you do have a website, can prospective customers find it?
- 200 Million Americans are registered on the FTC “Do Not Call” list. They don’t want to be bothered by phone calls. Our company actually still utilizes cold calling from time to time, we understand that it can still work if handled well. However, the audience willing to listen is shrinking dramatically and will be non-existent in 10 years.
- In the 25-34 year old age group, 86% will leave a website because of bad user experience. Give your website visitors an experience that increases confidence and not only will they buy but they’ll tell others by sharing their experiences on social networks. Is your website giving your business the right reputation?
- 84% of businesses and marketers who have embraced the internet now say that social media (specifically Facebook) is “critical” to their business marketing efforts. Facebook is no longer a maybe, it’s here to stay. Do you still think social media is only for kids? Are you intimidated by it? Let us help you get started.
- Proper website optimization can cost as much as 65% less per lead than traditional marketing efforts.